Clonehorke, Kings County
CLONEHORKE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER PHILIPSTOWN, KING'S county, and province of LEINSTER; containing, with part of the borough and market-town of Portarlington, 2988 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the left bank of the river Barrow, and on the road from Portarlington to Mount-Mellick. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Kildare, entirely appropriate to the rector of Geashill, of which parish it is considered to form part. There is a church, or chapel of ease, for the repairs of which the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £213. 9. In the R.C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Portarlington.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Clonehorke from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for King's is available to browse.