Clashacrow or De-Glaishcroe, Kilkenny
CLASHACROW, or DE-GLAISHCROE, a parish, in the barony of CRANAGH, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1¼ mile (S. S. E.) from Freshford, containing 250 inhabitants. This parish is situated on the river Nore, and on the road from Kilkenny to Freshford, and comprises 979 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Freshford: the tithes amount to £73. 16. 11. In the R.C. divisions it is also part of the union or district of Freshford.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Clashacrow or De-Glaishcroe from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Clashacrow or De-Glaishcroe)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.