CHAPEL-CHARON, a parish, in the barony of SHELMALIER, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (N. W.) from Wexford: the population is returned with the parish of Killurin into which it has merged. It consists of only two small townlands, and is not recognised as a parish in any civil or modern ecclesiastical divisions. It is situated on the river Slaney, and on the road from Wexford to Enniscorthy, and is presumed to have been, prior to the Reformation, an appendage to Carrigmannon, the ancient seat of the family of Devereux, who had a chapel here. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and is part of the union of Killurin. In the R.C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Glynn.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Chapel-Charon from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.