CASTLEFINN, a post-town, in the parish of DONAGHMORE, barony of RAPHOE, county of DONEGAL, and province of ULSTER, 4½ miles (W. by S.) from Lifford, and 111¾ (N.W. by N.) from Dublin: the population is returned with the parish. This place, which was anciently called Castle-Fynyn, belonged about the close of Elizabeth's reign to Sir Neill Garbh O'Donnell. It is situated on the river Finn, which is navigable to the Foyle for vessels of 14 tons' burden, and is on the road from Strabane to Stranorlar; it consists of a single street. Here is a R.C. chapel.-See DONAGHMORE.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Castlefinn from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Donegal is available to browse.