UK Genealogy Archives logo

Carrickboy, Longford

Historical Description

CARRICKBOY, a hamlet, in the parish of KILGLASS, barony of ABBEYSHRUEL, county of LONGFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 5 miles (S.) from Edgeworthstown: the population is returned with the parish. This place is situated on the road from Edgeworthstown to Ballymahon; it contains Richmont, the seat of J. Huggins, Esq., M. D., and is a constabulary police station.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis

Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Carrickboy from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Longford is available to browse.