CARLANSTOWN, a village, in the parish of KILBEG, barony of LOWER KELLS, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2½ miles (N.E.) from Kells; containing 293 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Bailieborough to Dublin, by Navan, and in 1833 comprised 58 houses. Fairs are held on March 12th, May 1st, Aug. 6th, and Nov. 19th; the last is for fat cattle, and is considered the largest and best of the kind in the county. Sir H. Meredyth, Bart., the proprietor, intends making considerable improvements in the village. The R. C. parochial chapel is situated here. -See KILBEG.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Carlanstowns from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.