Cappamore or Tuoragh, Limerick
CAPPAMORE, or TUORAGH, a village, partly in the parish of DOON, and partly in that of TUORAGH, barony of OWNEYBEG, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 10 miles (S. E.) from Limerick; containing 711 inhabitants. This village is situated near the banks of the small river Mulcairn, over which is a handsome stone bridge, and on the road from Limerick to Templemore; it consists chiefly of two irregularly built streets. Fairs are held on April 20th, July 1st, Sept. 20th, and Dec. 12th, for cattle and pigs. A spacious chapel is now in progress of erection for the R. C. district of Cappamore, which includes the parish of Tuoragh and part of the parishes of Doon and Abington.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Cappamore or Tuoragh from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Cappamore or Tuoragh)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Limerick is available to browse.