Bumboa Hall, Wicklow
BUMBOA HALL, a small village, in the parish of BALLYNURE, barony of UPPER TALBOTSTOWN, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (N.) from Baltinglass; containing 81 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Baltinglass to Ballitore, and contains a good house called the Hall, the residence of Stephen Wilson, Esq. Near it are Ballynure and Grange-Con, the former the seat of H. Carroll, Esq., and the latter, till of late, the residence of H. Harrington, Esq. A peace preservation force is stationed in the village; and there is a neat R. C. chapel belonging to the union or district of Baltinglass, with a school adjoining it.-See BALLYNURE.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bumboa Hall from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.