BRIDGETOWN, a village, in the parish of MULRANKIN, barony of BARGY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 7 miles (S. S. W.) from Wexford; containing 21 houses and 113 inhabitants. It is situated on a small river of the same name, which runs into the lough formed by the Burrow of Ballyteigue, and has a penny post to Wexford. Here are a constabulary police station, and a dispensary. The glebe-house of the union is situated within a short distance of the village.-See MULRANKIN.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Bridgetown from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.