BARRY, a village, in the parish of TASHINNY, barony of ABBEYSHRUEL, county of LONGFORD, and province of LEINSTER; 3¼ miles (W. S. W.) from Colehill: the population is returned with the parish. It is situated on the road to Ballymahon, and is a station of the constabulary police. Fairs are held on January 27th, April 28th, July 28th, and October 27th. A school for poor children is maintained by the Dowager Countess of Rosse. Near the village was formerly an ancient castle, of which only some trifling vestiges can be traced; and in the immediate vicinity is a high moat. - See TASHINNY.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Barry from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Longford is available to browse.