BALLYTARSNEY, a parish, in the barony of IVERK, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 6½ miles (E. S. E.) from Carrick-on-Suir: the population is returned with the parish of Poleroan. This parish is situated on the road from Waterford to Limerick, and is about five British furlongs in length and breadth, comprising 1116 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and forms part of the union of Clonmore: the tithes amount to £81. 14. 8½. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Moncoin. Here are the remains of a square fort, which appears to have been of considerable strength.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballytarsney from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.