BALLYSCULLION, a grange, in the barony of TOOME, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 4 miles (N. W.) from Randalstown, containing 3351 inhabitants. This place, which is an extra-parochial district, never having paid either church cess or tithe, is situated on the road from Portglenone to Antrim, and is bounded on the north-west by the river Bann; it comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 4279¼ statute acres. There is no provision for the cure of souls; the members of the Established Church attend divine service in the contiguous parish of Duneane, in the diocese of Connor. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Ballyscullion, in the diocese of Derry; the chapel is a small plain building; there is also a place of worship for Presbyterians.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballyscullion from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Antrim is available to browse.