Ballynaclogh or Dollardstown, Limerick
BALLYNACLOGH, or DOLLARDSTOWN, a parish, in the barony of COONAGH, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 1½ mile (N. by W.) from Pallas-Greine, on the road from Limerick to Tipperary; containing 211 inhabitants. The land is everywhere of good quality, being mostly based on limestone. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Emly, forming the corps of the prebend of Ballynaclogh in the cathedral of Emly, and one of the rectories that constitute the union of Dromkeen and corps of the archdeaconry of Ernly : the tithes amount to £46. In the R. C. divisions it is within the union of Greine, or Pallas-Greine , the chapel is situated in the little village of Nicker.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballynaclogh or Dollardstown from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Ballynaclogh or Dollardstown)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Limerick is available to browse.