BALLYMAGLASSON, a parish, in the barony of RATOATH, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (S. by W.) from Dunshanghlin , containing 613 inhabitants. This parish, which is situated on the road from Dublin to Summerhill, comprises 3381 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. Prior to the year 1824, it formed part of the union of Kilmore: the living is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, and in the patronage of the Crown; the tithes amount to £193. 16. 10¾. The church, a neat edifice at a considerable distance from the high road, was built by aid of a gift of £600 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1800. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Batterstown, in the parish of Rathregan. Ballymaglasson House is the property and occasional residence of W. Murphy, Esq.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballymaglasson from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.