BALLYHALE, a village, in the parish of DERRYNAHINCH, barony of KNOCKTOPHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (S. by E.) from Knocktopher, on the road from Kilkenny to Waterford; containing 69 houses and 369 inhabitants. Fairs are held on Jan. 5th, March 28th, May 10th, July 9th, Sept. 21st. Nov. 11th, and Dec. 8th. The parochial R. C. chapel, a neat building with an ancient tower, is situated at this place, which gives name to the union or district, comprising the parishes of Derrynahinch, Knocktopher, Aughavillar, and Killeasy, and parts of those of Burnchurch, Jerpoint, and Kells, and containing four other chapels. besides a friary chapel. - See DERRYNAHINCH.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballyhale from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.