BALLYGORMAN, a village, in the parish of CLONCHA, barony of ENNISHOWEN, county of DONEGAL, and province of ULSTER, 4 miles (N. W. by N.) from Malin; containing 227 inhabitants. It is situated at the extremity of the promontory of Malin Head, and is the most northern village in Ireland. A signal tower has been erected by order of the Board of Admiralty; and, not far distant, a small pier and harbour are in course of formation, by excavating the solid rock. There are two coast-guard stations, one at the Head and another at Glengad. On a ledge of rock near the Head a small basin has been scooped out, where, at every tide, is deposited a small quantity of water, which the country people consider efficacious for sores. - See CLONCHA.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballygorman from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Donegal is available to browse.