BALLYCOR, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 1 mile (N. by E.) from Ballyclare: the population is returned with the parish of Ballyeaston. This parish, which is situated on the road from Broughshane to Laroe, and is bounded on the north and east by the Six-mile-water, comprises 7330 statute acres, according to the Ordnance survey. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Connor, and is partly one of the five parishes which constitute the union and corps of the prebend of Carncastle in the cathedral of Connor, and partly one of the two which form the perpetual curacy of Ballyeaston.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballycor from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Antrim is available to browse.