BALLYCONNICK, a parish, in the barony of BARGY, county of WEXFORD, and province of LEINSTER, 7½ miles (S. W.) from Wexford, on the road to Bannow; containing 510 inhabitants. In a return to a royal visitation held in 1615, it was designated Ballycormick, and returned as a chapel to the prebend of Taghmon. The parish comprises 1445 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and is chiefly in tillage. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ferns, and is part of the union and corps of the prebend of Taghmon, in the cathedral of Ferns: the tithes amount to £95. 1. 7. In the R. C. divisions it is included in the union or district of Rathangan and Clarestown. A parochial school, in which are about 30 boys and 20 girls, is supported by subscription.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballyconnick from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.