BALLYCARNEY, a district parish, in the barony of SCARAWALSH, county of WEXFORD, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (W. by S.) from Ferns: the population is returned with the parishes of Ferns, Templeshambo, and Monart, out of which this district parish has been recently formed. The village, which is in the parish of Ferns, is situated on the eastern bank of the Slaney, over which is a neat stone bridge, and on the road from Enniscorthy to Newtownbarry: it has a penny post from Ferns, and is a constabulary police station. The district church is a handsome structure in the later English style of architecture, recently erected : the living is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Ferns, and in the patronage of the Rectors of Ferns and Templeshambo.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballycarney from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wexford is available to browse.