BALLINODE. a village, in the parish of TYDAVNET, barony and county of MONAGHAN, and province of ULSTER, 3 miles (N. W.) from Monaghan; its population is included in the return for the parish. This place is situated on the road from Monaghan to Enniskillen, by way of Brookborough, and on a small river, over which there is a good stone bridge; and contains the parochial church and school, the former of which is a neat edifice with a steeple, and a dispensary. It has a patent for a fair for cattle on the first Saturday in every month, but no fairs are now held.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballinode from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Monaghan is available to browse.