BALLINACLASH, a district parish, in the barony of BALLINACOR, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 2¾ miles (S. W. by S.) from Rathdrum; containing 3855 inhabitants. This district is situated on the river Avonbeg, over which there is a bridge, and on the road from Rathdrum to Glenmalur. It is a recent creation as a parish, and comprehends the constablewicks of Ballykine and Ballinacor, forming a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, and in the patronage of the Rector of Rathdrum, who pays the curate's stipend. The church, on the townland of Ballinaton, is a neat building with a square tower, in the later English style of architecture, erected in 1834, at an expense of £900, granted by the Church Temporalities Commission. There is no glebe-house or glebe. There are two schools in the village, one a daily school and the other a Sunday school.-See BALLYKINE and BALLINACOR.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ballinaclash from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.