BALFEIGHAN, a parish, in the barony of UPPER DEECE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 1 mile (N.) from Kilcock; containing 155 Inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Kilcock to Summerhill, and is one mile and a half in length and one mile in breadth. Piercetown, the residence of T. Cullen, Esq., is within its limits; and the Royal Canal runs through the southern verge of the parish. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, and forms part of the union of Raddonstown : the tithes amount to £87.13. 9½. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the district of Batterstown. There are some remains of the old church.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Balfeighan from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Meath is available to browse.