ASHFORD, a village and post-town, in the parish of RATHNEW, barony of NEWCASTLE, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (W. N. W.) from Wicklow, and 21¾ (S. by E.) from Dublin: the population is returned with the parish. This place, which is situated on the south side of the river Vartrey, and on the mail coach road from Dublin, consists of several neat cottages, and is pleasantly situated in the centre of a rich agricultural district; it has a small but well-conducted posting-house and hotel. Fairs are held on April 21th, June 24th, Sept. 8th, and Dec. 16th. -See RATHNEW.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ashford from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Wicklow is available to browse.