ARDERA, a townland, in the barony of IVERK, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3½ miles (W. N. W.) from Waterford; containing 334 inhabitants. This townland, which anciently was part of the possessions of the abbey of Jerpoint, is bounded on the north by the parish of Ullid, and on the south by that of Rathkyran, of which latter it is, in the civil divisions, considered to form a part, and comprises 804 statute acres. It is in the diocese of Ossory, and is one of eighteen denominations constituting the union of Burnchurch: the tithes amount to £69. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Moncoin.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Ardera from the following:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.