Aglishcormick or Liscormuck, Limerick
AGLISHCORMICK, or LISCORMUCK, a parish, partly in the barony of COONAGH, but principally in that of CLANWILLIAM, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 2½ miles (W. S. W.) from Pallas-Greine, on the road to Bruff; containing 316 inhabitants. It comprises 1020¼ statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act: the land is in general of good quality. The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Emly, and forms part of the corps of the precentorship in the cathedral church of St. Alibeus, Emly, in the patronage of the Archbishop of Cashel. The tithes amount to £138, 9. 2¾.: there is neither church, glebe-house, nor glebe. In the R. C. divisions the parish is included in the union or district of Kilteely, or Listeely. A school-house is now being erected; and there is a pay school of about 30 boys and 12 girls. There are some remains of the old parish church.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Aglishcormick or Liscormuck from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Aglishcormick or Liscormuck)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Limerick is available to browse.