Aglish or Aglishmartin, Kilkenny
AGLISH, or AGLISHMARTIN, a parish, in the barony of IVERK, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 3 miles (W.) from Waterford, on the river Suir, and on the road from Waterford to Carrick-on-Suir, containing 401 inhabitants, of which number, 142 are in the village. It comprises 2414 statute acres, and is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes amount to £96. 18. 5½. There is neither church nor glebe-house; the glebe consists of 2½ acres. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Moncoin.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Aglish or Aglishmartin from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1840 by Samuel Lewis (Aglish or Aglishmartin)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Kilkenny is available to browse.