Colworth Farm, Bedfordshire
Colworth Farm, formerly an extra-parochial tract, is now a parish in Bedford union. It is 2 miles N of Sharnbrook station, has an area of 31 acres and a population of 6, and consists of a small farm and two cottages.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Colworth Farm was in Bedford Registration District from 1837 to 1895
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Colworth Farm are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online:
- Bedfordshire Times and Independent
- Biggleswade Chronicle
- Luton Times and Advertiser
- Luton News and Bedfordshire Chronicle
Colworth was formerly a parish, but under the provisions of the "Divided Parishes Act" by "Local Government Act, 1894," it now forms part of the parish of Sharnbrook.
A full transcript of the Visitations of Bedfordshire 1566, 1582, and 1634 is available online.