Aspley Heath, Bedfordshire
Aspley Heath is a civil parish, formed by Local Government Board Order 15,338, dated 24 June 1883. It is in the mid division of the county, Woburn petty sessional division, Bletchley and Leighton Buzzard county court district, and Ampthill rural district. It forms part of the Woburn Sands ecclesiastical parish.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Aspley Heath was in Woburn Registration District from 1883 to 1899 and Ampthill Registration District from 1899 to 1974
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Bedfordshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Aspley Heath are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Bedfordshire papers online:
- Bedfordshire Times and Independent
- Biggleswade Chronicle
- Luton Times and Advertiser
- Luton News and Bedfordshire Chronicle
A full transcript of the Visitations of Bedfordshire 1566, 1582, and 1634 is available online.