Leicester St John, Leicestershire
St. John's ecclesiastical parish was formed 19 Dec. 1854, from the parish of St. George, Leicester.
The register dates from the year 1855.
Findmypast, in association with the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, have the following parish records online for Leicester, St John the Baptist:
The church, near the London road, at the junction of Ashwell street and South Albion street, erected in 1854-5 at a cost of over £7,000, is a cruciform structure in the Gothic style of the 14th century, from design. by Sir G. Gilbert Scots R.A. and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, transepts, two chapels, and a tower rising over the eastern transept with lofty spire and containing 8 bells: the church has several stained windows, and affords 900 sittings, all of which are free.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: