Leicester St Andrew, Leicestershire
St. Andrew's ecclesiastical parish was formed in 1862, from the south-eastern portion of St. Mary's parish, Leicester.
The register dates from the year 1862.
Findmypast, in association with the Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland, have the following parish records online for Leicester, St Andrew's:
The church, in Jarrom street, erected in 1862, is a cruciform structure of brick relieved by courses of blue, white and red bricks, in the Gothic style, from designs by Sir G. Gilbert Scott R.A. and consists of chancel with semi-circular apse, nave, transepts, south porch and an eastern turret containing one bell: the chancel was remodelled and a new door laid in 1925, when a new organ was also installed: there are 900 sittings.
Land and Property
A full transcript of the Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Leicestershire is online.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following Leicestershire newspapers online: