Shillingford St George, Devon
Shillingford St George, a parish in Devonshire, 3 miles W of Exeter railway station. Post town, Exeter. Acreage, 415; population, 66. The living is a rectory, annexed to Dunchideock. The church is a stone building in the Perpendicular style, with an embattled tower.
Findmypast, in association with the South West Heritage Trust, Parochial Church Council, and Devon Family History Society have the Baptisms, Banns, Marriages, and Burials online for Shillingford St George
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Online maps of Shillingford St George are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers covering Devon online:
The Visitation of the County of Devon in the year 1564, with additions from the earlier visitation of 1531, is online.
The Visitations of the County of Devon, comprising the Heralds' Visitations of 1531, 1564, & 1620, with additions by Lieutant-Colonel J.L. Vivian, published for the author by Henry S. Eland, Exeter 1895 is online.