Wilton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Wilton, a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire, 4½ miles S of Redcar, 7 SE from Middlesborough, and 2 from Eston Grange railway station. It has a post and money order office under Redcar; telegraph office, Eston. The parish also comprises the townships of Lazenby and Lackenby. Acreage, 4050 of land and 641 of tidal water and foreshore; population, 1213. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The manor, with Wilton Castle, belongs to the Low-ther family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £409 with residence. The church, a small ancient building in the Early English style, consists of chancel, nave, S porch, and tower with small spire. There are Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Wilton:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: