Wildon Grange, North Riding of Yorkshire
Wildon Grange, a township in Coxwold parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 6½ miles N of Easingwold, and 1½ mile from Coxwold station on the N.E.R. Post town, Easingwold; money order and telegraph office, Coxwold. Acreage, 698; population, 23. The Archbishop of York is lord of the manor. There was formerly a grange here belonging to the monks of Byland Abbey.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Easingwould|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Wildon Grange from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Wildon-Grange)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Wildon Grange are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: