Wigginton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Wigginton, a parish, with a village, in the N.R. Yorkshire, 1 mile W of Haxby station on the N.E.R., and 4½ miles N of York. Post town, York; money order office, Haxby; telegraph office, Strensall. Acreage, 1880; population, 366. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; gross value, £195 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was rebuilt in 1861, is in the Early English style, and consists of chancel, nave, N porch, and a belfry.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Wigginton:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: