West Rounton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Rounton, West, a village and a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire, 1½ mile NNW of Welbury railway station, and 8 miles from Northallerton. Post town, Northallerton; money order and telegraph office, Welbury. Acreage, 1456; population, 207. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; gross value, £270 with residence. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is ancient, in the Norman style, and consists of chancel, nave, and turret; it was restored in 1860.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for West Rounton:
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of West Rounton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: