UK Genealogy Archives logo

Wath (Hovingham), North Riding of Yorkshire

Historical Description

Wath, a township in Hovingham parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 1 mile from Hovingham railway station, and 7¼ miles WNW of Malton. Post town, York; money order and telegraph office, Hovingham. Acreage, 371; population, 14. The Earl of Carlisle is lord of the manor.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Administration

The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.

Ancient CountyYorkshire 
Civil parishHovingham 
Poor Law unionMalton 
RidingNorth 
WapentakeRyedale 

Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.


Directories & Gazetteers

We have transcribed the entry for Wath (Hovingham) from the following:


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: