Tollerton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Tollerton, a village and a township in Aine parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the N.E.R., 12 miles NW of York. There are a railway station, a post office under Easingwold; money order office, Alne; telegraph office, Easingwold, a Wesleyan chapel, brick and tile works, corn mills, malt kilns, and a fair on 15 Aug. Acreage, 2199; population, 491.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Tollerton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: