Thornton le Moor, North Riding of Yorkshire
Thornton-le-Moor, a village and a township In North Otterington parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 5 miles NW by N of Thirsk, and half a mile from Otterington station on the N.E.R., with a post and money order office under Northallerton; telegraph office. South Otterington. Acreage, 1527; population, 292. The manor belongs to Earls Harewood and Cathcart. The parish church is in this township. There is also a Primitive Methodist chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: