Thornbrough (South Kilvington), North Riding of Yorkshire
Thornbrough, a township in South Kilvington parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 2 miles NE of Thirsk station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Thirsk. Acreage, 561; population, 19.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Thornbrough (South Kilvington) are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: