Thirkleby, North Riding of Yorkshire
Thirkleby, a township and a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire, 3½ miles SE of Thirsk, and 2¼ from Sessay station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Thirsk. Acreage, 2690; population, 254. Thirkleby Park is the chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; gross value, £180 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church was rebuilt in 1849 in the Gothic style, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, and tower with spire.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Ecclesiastical parish||Thirkleby All Saints|
|Poor Law union||Thirsk|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Thirkleby:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Thirkleby from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Thirkleby (All Saints))
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: