Terrington with Wiganthorpe, North Riding of Yorkshire
Terrington-with-Wiganthorpe, a township and a parish in the N.R. Yorkshire. The township lies 3 miles SSW of Slingsby station on the N.E.R., and 7½ W by S of New Malton, and has a post and money order office at Terrington under York; telegraph office, Hovingham. Acreage, 3223; population, 592; of the ecclesiastical parish, 668. There is a parish council consisting of five members. The Earl of Carlisle is lord of the manor. The parish contains also Ganthorpe township. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York; gross value, £465 with residence. The church is an ancient building in the Norman style, and consists of chancel, nave, aisles, transept, and an embattled western tower. It was restored in 1870. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: