UK Genealogy Archives logo

Studdow, North Riding of Yorkshire

Historical Description

Studdow, a hamlet in Burton Constable township, N.R. Yorkshire, 3½ miles WNW of Leyburn. Post town, Fingall (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Newton-le-Willows.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: