Stoupe Brow, North Riding of Yorkshire
Stoupe Brow, a hamlet in Fylingdales township, N. R Yorkshire, near Robin Hood's Bay, 9¼ miles NNW of Scarborough. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Robin Hood's Bay. A cliff here rises to the height of 893 feet, and commands a magnificent view of land and sea. There were formerly extensive alum-works in the vicinity.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Stoupe Brow are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: