Stalling Busk, North Riding of Yorkshire
Stalling Busk, a hamlet and a chapelry in Aysgarth parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 4 miles S of Bainbridge, 5 from Askrigg station on the N.E.R., and 15 WSW of Leyburn. Post town, Bainbridge, under Askrigg (R.S.O.); money order and telegraph office, Askrigg. Population of ecclesiastical district, 218. The living isa perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ripon; net value, £85. Patron, the Vicar of Aysgarth. The church is a small building, consisting of nave, S porch, and a bell turret
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for Stalling Busk:
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stalling Busk from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stalling-Busk)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Stalling Busk are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: