Stainton Dale, North Riding of Yorkshire
Stainton Dale, a small village and a township in Scalby parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the coast, 8½ miles NNW of Scarborough, with a station on the N.E.R. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Cloughton, under Scarborough. Acreage, 3114 of land and 196 of foreshore; population, 237. Stainton Cliffs command a striking sea view. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Scarborough|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Stainton Dale from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Stainton-Dale)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: