St Martin, North Riding of Yorkshire
Martin, St, a small township and a parish in N.R. Yorkshire, 1 mile S of Eichmond. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Eichmond. Acreage, 270; population, 69. A Benedictine priory, a cell to York Abbey, was "founded about 1100 by Wyomer of Aske. The cell contained nine or ten Benedictines, and its annual value at the dissolution was £47. A Norman doorway, now part of the surrounding farm buildings, is all that remains of the ruined chapel.
Findmypast, in conjunction with various Archives, Local Studies, and Family History Societies have the following parish records online for St Martin:
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: