Sproxton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Sproxton, a township in Helmsley parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 1¼ mile S of Helmsley station on the N.E.R. Post town,and money order and telegraph office, Helmsley. Acreage, 2869; population, 141. Earl Feversham is lord of the manor. There is a chapel of ease, and the Wesleyans hold services in the schoolroom.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Sproxton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: