Sandsend, North Riding of Yorkshire
Sandsend, a seaport village in Lythe township and parish, N.R. Yorkshire, 3½ miles NW of Whitby. It has a station on the N.E.R., and a post, money order, and telegraph office under Whitby. Jet is found in the cliffs on the coast There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Sandsend are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: