Sand Hutton (Thirsk), North Riding of Yorkshire
Hutton, Sand, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Thirsk parish, N.R. Yorkshire, near the river Swale and the N.E.R., 2 miles W by N of Thirsk Junction railway station, and 3 W of Thirsk. It has a post office under Thirsk; money order and telegraph office, Kirby Wiske. Acreage, 1349; population, 288. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York; net value, £142 with residence. Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church was rebuilt in 1877, and consists of chancel and nave.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Poor Law union||Thirsk|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Directories & Gazetteers
We have transcribed the entry for Sand Hutton (Thirsk) from the following:
- Samuel Lewis' A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858. (Hutton, Sand)
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: