Ryton, North Riding of Yorkshire
Ryton, a township and a chapelry in Kirkby Misperton parish, N.R. Yorkshire, on the river Rye, 3 miles NE of New Malton. Post town and money order and telegraph office, Malton. Acreage, 2324; population, 185. The church is a small plain brick building erected in 1856. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for the North Riding of Yorkshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Ryton are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following North Riding newspapers online: